How to Optimize Bluetooth Connection
1. How the Sense-U Smart Thermometer works
The Sense-U Smart Thermometer sends data to your smartphone directly via Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE) technology, which has negligible radiation level, and a communication distance up to 50 feet (15 meters) in open space.
2. Keep your smartphone in the same room as the Smart Thermometer, and close to each other.
Although the communication distance in open space seems far enough, surroundings (like wall, door, etc) can dramatically reduce the effective communication distance between your smartphone and the Baby Device. Therefore, it is always recommended to keep your smartphone and the Baby Device in the same room, and close to each other when in use.
3. Replace the battery of your Smart Thermometer when necessary.
Replace with a new battery when you receive a low battery notification. You can also check the battery level from the Sense-U App: Setup->Manage Devices->Child's Baby Monitor->Device Info.
4. For Android devices, keep the Sense-U app running in the foreground when in use.
There are thousands of different models of Android devices, each with different hardware/software configurations on the market. In case the Sense-U app is accidentally terminated by the operation system, it is recommended to keep the Sense-U Baby app running in the foreground before locking the screen and using it.
* If the Sense-U app is still terminated by your system for no reason, please keep the app running in the foreground and do not lock the phone's screen. You can adjust the screen brightness to the lowest for power-saving purpose.
5. Still worry about the disconnection risk? Get a Base Station.
If you still have concerns about the disconnection risk? The best solution is to add a Sense-U Base Station.
The advantages are obvious:
- It keeps the Smart Thermometer online all the time, no matter your baby sleeps in the same room or in a separate room.
- The Base Station notifies you with lights and sounds, even without your smartphone around you when at home.
- You are able to see your baby's vitals on your smartphone from anywhere.
Learn more about the Base Station, click here: www.sense-u.com.
More questions? Check out the latest User Manual here, or contact us via in-app Feedback(from the Sense-U App->Setup->Help->Feedback) for expedited diagnose, or email us at email@example.com for general questions.